Sato Kogyo traces its roots to one of the oldest turnkey contractors in Japan. Established in 1862 and headquartered in Tokyo, Sato Kogyo laid the cornerstone of modern building technology by focusing on and developing newer and more efficient construction methodologies that are still relevant around the world today.
Over a rich history of more than 160 years, Sato Kogyo has accomplished many building and civil engineering projects of varying scale, nature and complexity in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Middle East, Europe and North America.
In 1972, the firm recognised the growing construction activities in the Asia Pacific region and expanded its footprints rapidly beyond Japan. Over the last decades, Sato Kogyo has set up offices in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, China, Indonesia and Vietnam, where some of these offices continue to be active today.
Our mission is to build a world class organisation with international presence and strong emphasis on customer satisfaction in the delivery of design, engineering and construction services.
This is achieved in the spirit of our credo Total Project Excellence by adopting a total project management concept where every qualified and experienced expertise is committed to managing and executing projects in the most innovative and cost effective approach.
- Sustainability Determines Us
- We aim to achieve economic and environmental sustainability through green building initiatives.
- Passion Drives Us
- We constantly cultivate a strong passion and determination to do our best.
- Innovation Defines Us
- We continuously acquire and apply knowledge to deliver innovative solutions.
- Resilience Defends Us
- We strive to be resilient to adapt to dynamic circumstances.
- Integrity Dominates Us
- We value integrity in our all business dealings with our clients, vendors and stakeholders.
- Teambuilding Develops Us
- We foster teamwork through mutual trust, respect and responsibility.
Our QEHS and Green & Gracious Policy
We, SATO KOGYO, aim to provide Total Project Excellence to all our clients. To achieve total customer satisfaction, we are committed to our 3Q and 1G focus:
We shall deliver quality engineering and construction services / products that meet or exceed our customers' expectations.
Quality QEHS System
We strive for continual improvements in our Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (QEHS) Management System to:-
- Achieve compliance with applicable legislations, regulations and requirements;
- Eliminate hazards and reduce QEHS risks;
- Protect the environment and prevent pollution;
- Prepare against terrorism and potential crisis;
- Prevent injury and ill health, and
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace, and that everyone shall participate and be accountable for their workplace safety and health performance.
- Undertake risk management activities to ensure that the workplace is safe for all persons at work including the public safety, minimize inconvenience to our neighbours.
- Provide health, safety, security information, instruction and training to its employees at, all levels, provide resources to communicate with the public on matters relating to our construction activities.
- Work with suppliers, subcontractors, and service providers to embrace the SG secure movement.
Quality People at Work
We shall motivate, develop and train people working under the control of the organisation in a manner to provide quality services, protect the environment and create a safe and healthy workplace.
Green & Gracious Policy
We undertake to always adopt and consistently implement cost-effective Green & Gracious practices in all our projects with due regards to the surrounding work environment and to any concerns of the community and general public.